Last complete revision Apr 2021. Latest change Apr 2021.
Levens Parish Council
South Lakes District Council - our councillors: John Holmes, Kevin Holmes, Brian Rendell
Cumbria County Council - our councillor Jim Bland
Government Directgov - our MP Tim Farron
Non-emergency - call 101 Emergency - always call 999
Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 (open 24 hours, 7 days a week)
- report problems with roads, pavements or street lighting
Traveline 0871 200 22 33 - for any query or complaint about public transport
Rural Wheels - a unique community transport scheme providing door-to-door transport for people, when required
1. Cost is 45p per mile paid via Smartcard (25p for shared journeys or children).
2. You need to put £5 on Smartcard towards travel costs.
3. For information and registration, phone 01228 226428 or apply online.
Village Wheels - minibus Levens to Milnthorpe every Friday:
Departs from Levens Village Shop at 10:30am and returns from Milnthorpe at 12:30 every Friday.
You need to register and get a Smartcard first (phone 01228 226428)
then book by phone (01228 226428) before noon on Thursday.
Cost £2 return payable using Rural Wheels Smartcard.
Post Office - at Methodist Church: Mon, Wed, Fri, 2:15 to 4:45pm
Levens Village Shop - licenced grocer, tobacconist and newsagent. Mon - Sat 8am - 6pm, Sun 9am - 12 noon, Bank Hols 9am - 11am
Levens Good Neighbours:
- a group of volunteers offering practical support and advice to Levens residents who require assistance such as prescription collection, help with shopping, or in need of a friendly person to chat and have a cup of tea.
Contact 07908 004672 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week
Doctor - Stoneleigh Surgery, Police Square, Milnthorpe 015395 63307
Doctor - Park View Surgery, Haverflatts Lane, Milnthorpe 01539715555
NHS non-emergency - call 111 Emergency - always call 999
Dentist - Find an NHS dentist
Help with a business start-up:
Cumbria Business Growth Hub & Rural Growth Network www.cumbriagrowthhub.co.uk
Help to get a job:
Website e-mail email@example.com